By placing an order you agree to the following terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are important and should be carefully read before you place your order.
- All goods remain the property of Fox UK until paid for in full.
- The invoice number must be quoted on all correspondence or when any item is returned to us.
- We are not obliged to supply goods until acceptance of your order; it is on acceptance that a contract comes into effect.
- All orders must be accompanied by payment before goods are dispatched (except official educational orders).
- Payments will be cashed immediately and refunded promptly if necessary (see 'Approval' below).
- Cheques may require clearing before goods can be dispatched, if a cheque 'bounces' we charge £10.
- Official educational orders and trade orders must be paid within 14 days of the invoice date for discounts to apply.
- We reserve the right to charge interest on any overdue balance over 30 days from invoice date.
Most instruments and accessories are supplied on 7 days approval (from the time of receipt by the customer). The customer must inform us within this time if they intend to return the approval item. It is the customer's responsibility to return the item in perfect condition if it is not required. Any damage or missing items will be charged for. Our carriage charge is not refundable. See guidelines on returning instruments for further advice. Orders sent by mail/carrier may be cancelled within 7 days of receipt of the goods but the customer must arrange and pay for their return.CARRIAGE
We reserve the right to send items using the method we consider most suitable. Goods are normally insured while in transit, if goods arrive damaged we must be notified immediately. Please keep all packaging in the case of damaged items as the insurers may ask to examine.GUARANTEES
- All new instruments carry 12 months guarantee with Fox UK which includes a free service.
- The customer is responsible for the cost of returning goods for repair under guarantee and we will return at our expense. The customer is responsible for carriage costs both ways when returning for routine service/checkup.
- We reserve the right to repair the instrument ourselves or return it to the manufacturer.
- Our guarantee does not cover plating wear or cracked wood joints. The guarantee will be invalidated if problems have been caused by lack of care.
- We can not cover the cost of repairs done by other repairers without prior authorisation.
- Cracked joints will be returned to the manufacturer for their assessment.
All prices are inclusive of VAT at 17.5%. If prices have changed you will be notified before we accept your order and offered the option of confirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it.INSTRUMENTS IN STOCK
The instrument listings include all available items. We do not have everything listed actually in stock on this site.REPAIRS
Fox UK cannot be held liable for repair work carried-out by third-party repairers, unless authorised in advance.CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Our customer care number is 01767 313696 and calls are charged at standard rates. This service is available from Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm. We aim to respond to all complaints within 5 working days and resolve as speedily as possible. Complaints can be notified by post, by FAX or by phone.RETURNING GOODS
Please be aware that if goods are being returned the safe return is the responsibility of the sender! We strongly advise the sender to insure the goods using a compensated parcel service - most carriers offer this service. Please ensure you keep all your return documents in a safe place as they will be needed in the unfortunate event of your having to make a claim. Please take great care when packing instruments - make sure that any loose items in the case are cushioned/wrapped in tissue paper/newspaper or similar; gently shake the case and if the instrument appears to be moving cushion as above until satisfied that it is stable. Then place case in the box it was sent in; again cushioning the gap between case and the box and putting a clear note explaining the circumstances of the return. Firmly seal the box with packing tape/string as necessary.Mark the exterior of the box ‘FRAGILE’. Please take care and use common sense when returning goods! If you would like any further advice please contact us.
- Keep all packing materials.
- Make sure you use a service that offers adequate compensation (e.g. 'UPS', 'Registered Post').
- Remember to keep the documentation in case you need to make a claim.
- Don't forget to enclose a covering note which should include the invoice number.
The customer is responsible for
the cost of returning goods for repair under guarantee and we will return
at our expense. The customer is responsible for carriage costs both
ways when returning for routine service/checkup.